Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

HOT NEW TREND

Succulents are the HOT TICKET this year in gardening. I think people are discovering that in these hot extremely dry summers we have been having, these plants do wonderfully.
The pots above were for sale at a recent garden expo-for around sixty dollars or so.You can buy all the plants for these pots for under twenty dollars at Wally World or Lowe's. So I put together a couple of pots for my deck.
Even with buying two new pots and plants I spent right at twenty dollars. Mine are not as thickly planted-and for a reason-these plants grow and multiply VERY quickly-they fill up a pot in no time.
I hope you will give succulents a try-they need very little water or care and can take full sun.I am joining Marty for Tabletop Tuesday at http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com

11 comments:

chateau chic said...

I like succulents as well because they do so well when it's hot and dry. They are so pretty too.
I'm delighted to be a new follower...hope you'll follow back.
Mary Alice

Cottage and Broome said...

Love succulents, I have them in my garden, they are great in hot weather. Laura

Shasta @ intheoldroad said...

How pretty! I've been wanting to plant some succulents this year because I think we're going to have a HOT summer. I might check Home Depot or Lowes...I've had enough of Wally World for awhile :)

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

I think these plants add so much to a garden! These all look wonderful! They're such a unique plant! Thanks for sharing!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love succulents and have some hen and chicks in my garden.

Blondie's Journal said...

I noticed a lot of these pots last year...what a great idea! Yours look wonderful!

XO,
Jane

The Japanese Redneck said...

Beautiful.

I have a few that the cats have not managed to kill.

xinex said...

Very pretty, Vicky. I like succulents. Theyr look great in strawberry planters too....Christine

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Wow your succulents are Gorgeous in your Beautiful.Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Spring Tablescape so sweet of you. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

artbywendy said...

great idea! I'm going to have to try this !

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

I am such a fan of the colors and textures. I grow them in my yard and would love to grow them in my home, but I don't think I have enough direct sunlight indoors. Dang!