Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

REDO FOR AN URN

My azaleas are so pretty, just had to pick a few for the indoors-especially since it has been raining for the last several days. This is the new look for this urn I picked up for a dollar at the flea market.
It started out kinda rough looking, but I liked the basic shape of it and knew that a coat of paint would renew it.
I just used regular whie craft paint and when that was dry rubbed on some brown and quickly rubbed it of.I am loving the simplicity of the white. I can imagine it this summer with a big armful of green grasses in it.

9 comments:

The JR said...

You sure did a makeover on that urn.

It's going to be great whatever you put in it.

Miss Kitty said...

What a great deal for a dollar! Wow...I am jealous. You did a fantastic job on making that "trash" into a "treasure". Thanks for sharing how you did that. I love your azaleas too...so pretty.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Enjoy those beautiful azaleas while you can. Ours are fading already. :( Great job on the urn!!!

HolleyGarden said...

Beautiful! And what a deal! It will look good all year round. Beautiful azaleas.

Babs said...

Your urn turned out great, and what a great price. I have a weakness for urns and have so many of them outside, and a few indoors. Your azaleas look so pretty in it. Happy weekend,
Babs

Lady Di Tn said...

I think it would be fun to wonder around your yard to see what is blooming. You did really good with the urn. Love the white color. Peace

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your azaleas are so pretty in your white urn! Our azaleas have just about peaked. I've been reading some of your posts to catch up. We've been working in the garden since it's been so warm, and I have not been visiting very much lately.

bj said...

I love this urn, too. It is going to be pretty all summer long with different things in it.
xo bj

Richard Cottrell said...

We have had an early spring. My lilac's are just about ready. I can smell them now. Sweet breath of spring. Richard from My Old Historic House.