Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

NATCHEZ PILGRIMAGE

It will be ten weeks Tuesday since my husband died and while I know my life will never be the same, I am trying to go on. I have found myself becoming a recluse. I do this because every time I go out someone mentions him and I go to pieces. I know they mean well, but I am a Scarlet O'Hara-I have to pretend it has not happened.So, I realized this is not good to isolate myself. Last weekend I went to Natchez for the Spring Pilgrimage-I knew I would not see anyone I knew and it would hold no memories of the past. I would like to share some photos of this wonderful trip.Rosalie below is one of the most beautiful of the many historic homes there.
Stanton Hall is also a beauty. It is amazing to see the wrought iron and millwork on these homes-it would cost a fortune to replicate today. Well, it cost a fortune then, but maybe I mean it would cost several fortunes today!

This is Longwood. It has been sitting unfinished since the Civil War. I have more of this house to share later.
I enjoyed this trip very much and I recommend a trip to anyone who is grieving. In the town I live in the minute some one's husband dies they go on a trip.I have though for years that this was just awful-now I know why they did this. Thank You to the people who have visited and left a comment during my absence.





2 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Girl glad to see you return to blogland. I would love to finish and live in Longwood. Looking forward to any other info and photos you have of the trip. I have never been to Natchez but I am sure the old charm would fascinate me. Peace

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Vickie, my heart is aching for you! I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I am praying for continued strength for you to go on. I'm sure your trip to Natchez helped a bit. I have never been there but I would love to see those houses in person.
Take care,
Jane