Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

THANKSGIVING FAVORITE


Time to bring out my favorite old platter. I never  actually use this for turkey as it is so thin and has a hairline crack- I just love to  look at it.

We should all give thanks for what we have. I have been wondering if I could white wash this, I am just not much into orange pumpkins.Love the details on this pot-very appropriate for fall. I just put in leaves and dried stuff from the garden., but I may replace them with mums.Do you have certain things that you pull out for certain holidays? For me it's just not Thanksgiving without pulling out my old turkey platter. I am joining Marty at http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com for Tabletop Tuesday.

8 comments:

The JR said...

A beautiful piece to decorate with.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Looks great...love this time of year :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your turkey platter is gorgeous! I have things that I pull out every year to decorate for Thanksgiving.They always seem like old friends when I see them again.

xinex said...

That's a beautiful platter, too bad it has a crack but it's still really pretty. You are right about the trees. I think they look better this year than in the past...Christine

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh I love your platter. Just makes a great Tablescape!

Bunny Jean said...

I am also sentimental when it comes to some of my dishes. The holiday ones bring back especially good memories.

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Your turkey platter is beautiful...the hairline crack just gives it character!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

I have this very same platter and just posted on it today! Your setting looks so pretty with the versed pumpkin. Love it!
xx
Alison