Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MAKE A SILVER FLOWER HOLDER

 

 

 

 

While I was visiting http://www.onecheapbitch.blogspot.com , I noticed that she was making napkin rings from old silver ware. Well I immediately thought about this tiny magnetic vase that I made . Now this is on my fridge and I see it every day, but I guess you just get used to seeing something and don't think about it. Anyway if you see odd pieces of silver or silver plate at garage sales pick them up- if they have a thick handle but are very light weight, then the handle is probably hollow-which is what you need. Use a hacksaw or whatever to cut the handle of about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way up. Sand the edges,so it won't be sharp. Use E-6000 or any strong glue and glue a magnet to the back. Fill with water and add as bloom.These make cute teachers gifts or happys for friends. I actually saw one of these at a flower shoop for $15.00-get real! Go visit the above website and enter her giveaway while you are there.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love this, what a great idea!!!

Carol

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a great idea!

Honey at 2805 said...

What a clever idea! You are such a creative lady!

xinex said...

What a neat idea!...Christine

Diane said...

What a brilliant idea! I've never seen that before but I love it!

Lady Di Tn said...

You are just full of artistic tricks. Neat idea.
Love the daisies. Peace

LV said...

There are so manhy talented and creatve blogger. This is a super idea and yours looks nice.

Angie said...

This little flower holder is so (dang!) adorable!
Great idea!