Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

GREAT DECORATING IDEAS

I recently shared with you the opening of a new bed and breakfast near us. Today I am sharing more of the cute interior, I am sure some of you can get some cute decorating ideas from these photos.
This old screen door was propped up in the game room with a welcome pinned on. How cute would this be in a family room or mud room and used as a bulletin board to keep up with family activities.? In the winter I could see lost mittens or socks hanging here.
I understand that the owners grandmother made this prayer closet. I love this idea of a private quiet place to go to. I collect crosses and this would be a perfect place to put them. The grandfather made all of the stained glass in this house by the way.
This is the front parlor
r. See the stained glass in the window?
I love this coat rack made with old doorknobs.
Look at this cute game sitting out under the shade trees!
One of the bedrooms. I think spending a few days here would bring back memories of visiting grandma's house when you were a child. Real comfort. I am joining Mart for Inspire Me Tuesday at http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com  Also joining Kim for Wow Us Wednesday at http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a great place with so many interesting details. IT is full of inspiration and ideas. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Hi Vickie,
So many ideas in this post. We are going to take down our old screen door on the front of our house soon and replace it with a more decorative one. I'm getting some ideas about how to reuse it! And I need to collect old doorknobs because I see the all the time at the auction that I go to each week!
Take care,
~Jane