Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

HUNT THEME

I redid the mantel with one of my favorite items. I love this beagle painted on an old window!
Added deer antlers and magnolia leaves.
Isn't that the cutest beagle? He just makes me smile every time I pass by.
A few acorns scattered around and a pine arrangement finishes it.
I just had to share this idea. I gathered pine cones from my yard and touched them up with white paint and wired them to my tree-I just loved the way they looked-made it look more like a real tree.
I even left some of them on the branches and wired them on. I am joining Marty at http://www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com  for Tabletop Tuesday. I am also joining Kim at http://www.savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com  for Wow Us Wednesday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you got your photo issues solved because I love your beagle painting. Not as formal as the usual hunt scene but so cute.
Traci

The JR said...

You know I'm nutz about beagles. Love him.

Also like your giant acorns.

Richard Cottrell said...

I love the beagle painting. Sissy does too. Happy new year friend, Richard

Kelly said...

I like the hunt theme and the beagle painting is so cute!

bj said...

I do love those pine cones..I will add some to my tree next year.
xo

bj said...

oops, I hit PUBLISH before I told you that I love your pretty mantel...

Unknown said...

The picture on glass is wonderful! Looks fab on your mantle.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Babs said...

Deer antlers, magnolia, and pine cones! Three of my favorite things! Your beagle painting is perfect for your hunt theme..he's so cute.