Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

SCREEN DOORS AND SWEET TEA


As most of you know I LOVE COOKBOOKS! I probably have around 100. At the moment these are my favorites. They are by a fellow Mississippian,Martha Foose Hall.Martha lives on Pluto Plantation, her childhood home. She has stories of the Delta and life at Pluto mixed in with her recipes. Don't you love a cookbook like that? I know I do.

This coconut cake is delicious as are all of the recipes in this book.I recently visited with Martha at an event in Canton-wish I had brought my books for her to sign. She will have a new one on  just desserts  that will be out next spring-I can hardly wait. If you cannot find these books in your area,you can order them from Amazon. I promise you -you will not be dissapointed!

4 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Well girl I think you have my MIL beat on the number of cookbooks. She and her daughter can spend hours together with cookbooks on their laps. I can hear them now "This sounds like a good one." and off they will be reading the ingredients to the other one. My SIL will be coming up from Jackson MS next week for about 2 weeks. She went to college down there and never moved back to TN.
I will show her this blog and I bet she has heard of her. Have a wonderful and safe weekend. Peace

xinex said...

I need to get that dessert book cause I love 'em. Watch out, body....more weight coming, lol...Christine

Donnie said...

I love to read cookbooks but don't seem to use them very often...lol...Have a safe and happy Memorial Day.

Karyn said...

The picture of that coconut cake is making my mouth water... I love coconut. I will definitely look into her cookbooks. There are so many out there (as you already know, lol) and it's nice to get a recommendation.

Karen