Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

SPRAY PAINTING FOOL

Since my post last week about discovering oil rubbed bronze spray paint, I have been walking around looking for more things to paint, the dogs are eyeing me suspiciously and the car is slowly backing out of the driveway. LOL. Anyway I had this old statue that was going to get trashed, so I sprayed it-I am keeping it now, since it looks 100% better!
I am joining Debbie for her Newbie Party. I have enjoyed her parties so much and have found lots of new blogs and friends. I tried to rotate that top photo ten times and finally gave up-just lean sideways-o.k.-pretty please.

12 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

What an awesome looking statue! Glad you saved it, really does look great!

Nancy

Jem said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog, it's the first time I've joined in with the Newbie Party and everyone has been so friendly :-) I love your old statue, she looks so mischievous!

Jem xXx

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

SHe look darling! Thanks my friend for joining, and for being such a positive happy newbie:) I am glad you made lots of new buddies out here.

emilysnan said...

hi again , what a quick fix and so gorgeous now too x tfs
xmaggiex

Kim said...

Spray paint is my best friend...
Lovely blog - found you at the Newbie party.

Bobbi said...

Oh, I am lovin that spray painted fairy!! We have one nearly like it, and I think I might just find some of that paint for mine!!

love your blog!!

♥~Judy~♥ said...

WOW! She sure does! Don't you just love rescuing!?

xinex said...

You are doing so good with these painitng projects, Vicky. They are turning so pretty....Christine

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

oh what a little paint can do, it really made a huge difference.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I love that bronzed spray paint. It really looks great on that statue. Pretty!

Jerri Neddermeyer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am thrilled to meet another blogging newbie! You asked about my technique for the necklace, and it isn't finger weaving although it may as well be. I used double ended knitting need els since I needed smaller fingers for a tighter weave. It is called an iCord. Have a great day!

Shabby Soul said...

What a difference paint makes! Your statue looks great! I know what you mean about everything hiding when you bring out the paint!!