Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

COOKIES TO DIE FOR!

These are possibly the best cookies I have ever eaten, they are so good the hub ate about two dozen all by himself yesterday afternoon! I got the recipe from this months issue of Mississippi magazine. They are not a pretty cookie, but oh my goodness the flavor! Anyway here is the recipe for Praline cookies -this is so easy! Take 1cup all purpose flour ,1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar,1 large egg, 1cup chopped pecans,1/2 cup butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix together and drop by tablespoonful onto baking sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Makes two dozen. I have made these several times an it won't ruin them if you use self rising flour or light brown sugar. And I use parchment paper or grease my cookie sheet. Also, I drop from a teaspoon and it makes about four dozen- makes the hub think he is getting more! Ha-Ha!

No comments: